The Iota Lambda Chapter continues to achieve awards and recognition. With the help of our alumni advisors and undergraduate leaders, we are always seeking to excel as an organization and as individuals, and these milestones are a testament to that effort.
- Ranger Rumrill IL 438 is crowned as the 2015 Homecoming King
- 2015 25% Increase In Manpower Award: this award is given to the chapters who have achieved a 25% increase in manpower from the previous year (from fall 2014 through spring 2015)
- JSU IFC Outstanding Community Service Award
- Kenneth Smith IL420 was named SEIFC president
- Tyler Jacob Brown IL 424 is elected 67th SGA President of Jacksonville State University
- The chapter celebrated its 40th anniversary on April 11 at the Anniston Country Club
- A proclamation declared by the Governor of Alabama, Dr. Robert Bentley, which recognizes the first day of January as Sigma Nu Day in the State of Alabama.
- The Chapter hosted “Hot Rods for Heroes” on the campus of Jacksonville State University, a car show with all proceeds donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. The event raised $1011.00
- Grand Chapter: Regent’s Award for Academic Excellence During Year 2013
- Grand Chapter: Individual Chapter Scholarship Award, Greatest Improvement GPA (Nationally)
- Kenneth Smith IL 420 is elected as IFC Vice President of Administration.
- Kenneth Smith IL 420 is elected Vice President of Vendor Relations for regional SEIFC.
- Casey Jones IL 316, Andrew Shelton IL 377, and Jason Sumner IL 391 are initiated into Phi Kappa Phi honor society.
- Tyler Brown IL 424 is elected as the Student Government Association’s Vice President of the Student Senate.
- Casey Jones IL 316 is appointed as an Associate Justice of the Student Government Association.
- JSU Greek Awards, President’s Gold Cup
- JSU Greek Awards, Most Improved Chapter
- JSU Greek Awards, Most Improved GPA
- Torsten Dryden IL 400 begins his term as Chief Justice for the Student Government Association.
- Kenneth Smith IL 420 is crowned as the 2013 Homecoming King.
- Torsten Dryden IL 400 is initiated into Order of Omega and becomes President.
- Torsten Dryden IL 400 becomes Vice President for the Justice and Civil Rights Initiative.
- The chapter honored Alabama Senate Minority Leader Vivian Davis Figures (D) 33rd District (Mobile) as the chapter’s honorary sweetheart, presenting her with a resolution recognizing her service and endless efforts to support and further the cause of education in the State of Alabama.
- The Chapter hosted “Hot Rods for Heroes” on the campus of Jacksonville State University, a car show with all proceeds donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.